Esteemed Buddhist monks;
Dear Compatriots, members of the Cambodian People’s Party;
My Dear Beloved Youth
Today is the auspicious day of the launch of the 7th legislature National Assembly election campaign across the country, an important political event for the Kingdom of Cambodia. This great event also coincided with the enthusiastic celebration of the 72nd founding anniversary of the Cambodian People’s Party, which was originally called the Khmer Revolutionary People’s Party, originated from the people’s resistance movement against the colonialism for national independence and has struggled through many stages of Cambodian history with the greatest heroism. On behalf of the central committee, I would like to express my profound gratitude to our compatriots everywhere, who always confer justice, belief, and support to the Cambodian People’s Party, giving the Party ability to fulfil the tasks of serving the nation and people with successes over the past 44 years.
On this magnificent occasion, we would like to express our deepest respect and gratitude to His Majesty King Norodom Sihamoni of the Kingdom of Cambodia, and Queen Norodom Monineath Sihanouk, the highly revered Queen Mother of the Khmer Nation in Freedom, Dignity and Happiness, who are staying in the highest shrine as a symbol of national unity and national sustainability, and a cool shade of peace and tranquility of the entire Khmer nation. May Your Majesty, whose life is placed on the stone, and His Majesty the Queen Mother of the Nation, have abundant health, bright intellect, and a long life to continue to lead the Cambodian ship to progress, prosperity and happiness forever.
On this occasion, we would like to bow in respects to the souls of Cambodian ancestors, heroes, warriors and patriots of all generations, who have fought and sacrificed their might for independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity, peace, freedom, democracy and progress of the Kingdom of Cambodia, and we are committed to continue to preserve, protect and build a loving homeland for longevity, stability and prosperity.
For more than 44 years, after the historic January 7 Victory Day over the genocidal regime, the Cambodian People’s Party has stayed attached and shared with the people both good and bad, overcome all obstacles to lead the country out of a state of devastation reaching to the stage of development in all areas with the greatest pride. Cambodia has transformed from a killing field of genocidal regimes, a battlefield of chronic warfare, from national disintegration and from a land where social structures were destroyed to its roots, into a beautiful land where people live in harmony and peace, national unity, freedom, democracy and development, and are united under the roof of the same Constitution, and continue to use all their physical, mental and intellectual strengths to build and defend their homeland. This is the great change of the Kingdom of Cambodia that the CPP has brought to the people and is a historical fact that no one or force can deny.
In the 6th legislature of the National Assembly, the Royal Government led by the Cambodian People’s Party, for which I have been the Prime Minister, firmly defended peace, stability, security and social order, ensuring the peaceful life of the people, socio-economic development, and strengthening democracy. The rights and freedoms of the people are respected, protected and promoted, and the economic, social, cultural, educational, health, employment and other fields are more prosperous, and the living standards of the people are constantly improving. Many new achievements include roads, bridges, irrigation systems, water supply networks, water wells, electricity, information systems, factories, farms, small and large buildings, business centers, schools, hospitals, pagodas, etc. have been built and expanded in both urban, rural and border areas. No base is remote, inaccessible and undeveloped.
In the face of the Covid-19 epidemic, the Royal Government has successfully led the fight against this deadly disease, saved the lives of the people, maintained a stable life and economic balance, and swiftly revived the national economy soon after the Covid-19 crisis, and the country is returning to the path of potential growth. The Royal Government has also introduced and effectively implemented a number of policy measures to boost production, increase employment and jobs, strengthen and expand public services, strengthen justice, equity and social harmony, as well as promote social protection for all people, especially the poor and vulnerable in the spirit of not abandoning any Cambodian citizen. Along with the strength of national factors, Cambodia’s prestige has been enhanced on the international stage, especially through the successful organization and leadership of the 40-41 ASEAN Summit and related summits, the organization of Angkor Sankranta, the organization of the 32nd Southeast Asian Games and the 12th ASEAN Para Games, the implementation of an independent foreign policy based on the rule of law and a great humanitarian spirit, Cambodia’s reputation have been made even more prominent.
Through all these noble achievements, it is clear that the Kingdom of Cambodia has been moving forward on the right path with hope and confidence towards a bright future. At the same time, it also clearly reflects the participation of Cambodians of all walks of life, all races and all religions, civil servants, the armed forces, youth, workers, farmers, monks and clergy of various religions, intellectuals, investors and the progressive circles in society for the supreme interests of the nation with a noble patriotic conscience.
The peace and the most precious social achievements that we have realized so far, starting from scratch, have come from trading life as a capital, from the great sacrifices and the relentless physical and spiritual efforts of the Party’s leaders, the Party’s organizations at every level, the male and female warriors, officials, party members and all our compatriots in the spirit of ownership for the nation, the motherland and their lives, as well as the sincere support of friendly countries and the international community. We always remember this precious support and are determined to preserve all the achievements of the nation forever, without allowing any reactionary power to destroy it. We are determined to continue to build our nation to become a prosperous country in the region, a civilized and loving society, without the recurrence of war, genocide and internal national divisions as before.
In this sense, the upcoming 7th Legislature National Assembly election on July 23, 2023 is a historical political event that is extremely important to our nation. The political decision of the people in this election to choose which party to continue to lead the country is determined directly for the future destiny of our nation and people. I am confident that my compatriots who have already seen the progress of Cambodia in full peace, independence, unity, sovereignty and territorial integrity will now continue to vote for the Cambodian People’s Party and me to continue to lead the country for the seventh legislature.
The Cambodian People’s Party (CPP) announces and asks for the support of our compatriots for the “Political Program for Building and Defending the Motherland 2023-2028” to ensure the protection of peace and national sustainability on the path of development and improvement of people’s lives towards realizing the vision of Cambodia becoming a high middle-income country by 2030 and reaching a high-income country by 2050. On the basis of this political program, the CPP adheres to the following strategic positions:
- Defend the Constitutional monarchy through a multi-party liberal democratic political system in a parliamentary manner to be stable forever, as well as strengthen and expand multi-party liberal democracy to lay a solid foundation in the society, along with strengthening the rule of law together with promoting respect for human rights.
- Strengthen national unity and resolve to prevent and eradicate all forms extremist politics and activities caused by individual or group of individuals, or political organization, or any hostile circles that seek to incite national division, create social chaos, destroy peace, and cause political instability in Cambodia in the form of rebellion, which is completely contrary to the principles of democracy and violates the Constitution of the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- Continue to raise the great banner of national unity under the roof of the Constitution of the Kingdom of Cambodia and under the cool shade of the most revered HM the King to unite the forces of the whole Khmer nation irrespective of racism, color, age, gender, language, religious beliefs, political tendencies, past, national origin, social status, resources or other conditions to maintain peace, political stability and every social achievements, and to join hands in continuing to build and defend the motherland towards the glorious future.
- Continue to pursue an independent foreign policy based on the law, protection of sovereignty and territorial integrity, against all forms of external interference, build better friendship and cooperation between the Kingdom of Cambodia and all countries in the world and international organizations, while actively contributing to the causes of peace, stability, security, cooperation and prosperity in the region and the world.
The Cambodian People’s Party (CPP) has approved its support to me as the candidate for Prime Minister for the seventh legislative term and to His Excellency Hun Manet as the candidate for Prime Minister for the future. Implementing this decision, I solemnly promise that if the Cambodian People’s Party wins the 7th Legislature National Assembly election on July 23, I will stand firm on the above strategic position and will lead the successful implementation of the political program of the Cambodian People’s Party, which will be the political program of the Royal Government for the 7th legislature of the National Assembly. In this spirit and in order to ensure the protection and promotion of the interests of the people, I will promote the effective implementation of the following priority policies:
- Provide public services to the people in a transparent, easy and reliable manner; continue to provide birth registration, marriage registration, death list, provision of residence book, family book and Khmer identity card free of service charge;
- Continue to impose no tax on household agricultural land, help farmers to expand production and find markets to sell agricultural produces at reasonable prices, allocate land and provide land ownership to poor landless families who have complied with the social land concession conditions, prevent Illegal occupation of all types of state land, and continue to provide land to people living and reaping the benefit on the state land location in accordance with the principles set by the state.
- Continue to implement the principle of eliminating taxes and other fees for the people who are venders in baskets in various markets throughout the country, traders in the state market and state markets where traders have the right to own, use and reap the benefits from stalls, and have the right to transfer these rights to their children or others, continue to reduce the cost of living of the people through mechanisms to stabilize food prices and reduce water and electricity costs for the general population.
- Promote the implementation of the policy of safe villages, communes and sangkats, continue to develop all communes/sangkats to have better communication roads by regularly repairing and maintaining new roads, building new roads and improving from dirt roads to paved or concrete roads, ensure adequate electricity and water supply, better irrigation and quality telecommunication services.
- Continue to increase the salaries of all types of civil servants and the armed forces, continue to adjust and increase the pensions of former civil servants and veterans, continue to increase the minimum wage of workers and maintain other benefits for workers and employees, continue to implement the principle of non-taxation of the minimum wage of all types of civil servants and the minimum wage of workers/employees, promote the protection of rights and interests of the workers – both formal and informal, continue to implement cash support programs for poor and vulnerable families in times of emergency and crisis, continue to implement programs to support pregnant women and children under 2 years of age of poor families and support programs for female civil servants, interns and contracted officials as well as pregnant workers and children under 2 years old.
- Promote the provision of quality, safe, effective and equitable health care services to the people. Expand primary schools to all villages, expand secondary schools to all communes and increase the number of high schools in districts, and provide young people with opportunities for vocational training and employment.
- In addition, I will set out the six priority policies in the political program of the Royal Government of the 7th legislature of the National Assembly, including:
Program 1: Provision of health care towards a global health coverage program, starting with – (1) providing health care services to more than 450,000 vulnerable families, equivalent to a total of more than 1.5 million members through the use of health equity funds; and (2) expanding the health care regime for holders of national social security fund (NSSF) cards – both for workers and for public officials, which also covers more than 3 million family members, and their dependents on a voluntary basis. In total, the two projects will provide access to social security services for an estimated 7.4 million people.
Program 2: Provision of vocational and technical training for more than 1.5 million young people from poor and vulnerable families across the country at state vocational training institutions at the technical degree level, and Level 1 Vocation for which they do not pay tuition fees and will receive a monthly stipend.
Program 3: Establishment of a national social assistance program for poor families, vulnerable groups in poor households and vulnerable families in times of economic crisis and emergency to support and provide timely and systematically to the people, especially the poor and vulnerable families, and families vulnerable to risks according to the actual situation of the crisis or disaster in all geographical locations across the country, which will cover a total population of about 4.3 million people.
Program 4: Launching and promoting the implementation of the informal economic development strategy to be able to participate in the formal economy and be able to benefit from the formal social protection system through – (1) providing protection and development of a favorable environment for business and trade, as well as providing technical and vocational training to small and medium-sized enterprises, and (2) providing social protection to self-employed individuals in the informal economy with a primary focus on the provision of health care services under the Health Equity Fund.
Program 5: Introduction of coordination mechanisms and financing programs aimed at boosting production, marketing and maintaining balance of key agricultural prices at a reasonable level through the introduction of specific budget packages, starting at US$ 100 million, with the possibility to allocate more budgets if necessary to intervene in time to buy agricultural produces from farmers with the goal of maintaining price stability in each harvest season, especially on some agricultural produce such as rice, mango, longan, cashew nut, cassava, corn and other produces as needed.
Program 6: Deployment of technical officers to provide agricultural services to all rural communes throughout the country to promote agricultural productivity and assist farmers’ families in promoting their agricultural products. The Royal Government of the 7th legislature will also pay attention to the establishment of farmers’ associations in rural areas to maintain the farmers’ power in production as well as in bargaining with buyers.
The political program of the Cambodian People’s Party 2023-2028 is a continuation of the political program 2018-2023 and responds to the evolution of the actual situation both in the country and abroad. This political program is built on the sacred will and aspirations of the people and the realism that the party has the real capacity and ability to implement. As the Prime Minister candidate of the Cambodian People’s Party for the upcoming 7th legislature, I have already prepared the Royal Government’s Socio-Economic Policy Agenda, which is a continuation of the Rectangular Strategy Phase 4 as a leadership tool to successfully implement the party’s “political program”.
Before concluding, I would take this opportunity to highlight the unwavering position of the Cambodian People’s Party in participating in the 7th legislature National Assembly election in accordance with the principles of multi-party liberal democracy, strictly adhering to the rules and regulations, procedures and ethics for casting votes. I would like to take this opportunity to call on all working groups to help the capital, provinces, party committees at all levels, candidates, officials and members of the Cambodian People’s Party to participate actively in this campaign to show the strength of strong solidarity and unity of our party with adherence to the noble dignity and morality.
At the same time, I hope that the parties contesting in the election, as well as civil society organizations, national and international observers and other media outlets, observing the election process, both during the election campaign, during the vote count and after the election, will strictly abide by the rules, regulations and procedures of the election to ensure the best political environment for a successful, free, fair and just election.
On Sunday, July 23, 2023, is the upcoming election day. I am appealing to all my compatriots as well as all members of the Cambodian People’s Party who have the identification documents for the election to go to the polls and vote for the Cambodian People’s Party – the flowers scattering angel emblem and number 18 on the ballot paper.
- Vote for the Cambodian People’s Party is voting for peace, democracy and development!
- Vote for the Cambodian People’s Party is voting for full national independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity!
- Vote for the Cambodian People’s Party is voting for yourself!
- The Cambodian People’s Party wins the election, the Cambodian people are the winners!
- Long live the Cambodian People’s Party!
In the end, I would like to wish and bless our Buddhist monks, clergy of all religions, compatriots everywhere, members of the Party, the youth, all the best and the five Buddhist blessings. Thank You